Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Leo's first BOB win!!!




This weekend was the show down in Ladson SC. This is where Leo got his first 3 pts last Jan, a major no less. Well, even though the weather was AWFUL. Not only was it freezing out, but the rain and flooding of the grounds was unbelievable. I stayed in soaked shoes and socks and wet clothing for 14 long hours. However, it was worth it. Leo won first place in his class, and for the first time he also won BOB!!! The kennel club handed out really nice rosettes and I was so proud of my little orange boy! Chelsea showed him for me and when we finished, we took him back to re-fluff him and wrap his ears. Then he took a little siesta until it was time to go in the group ring. He made me proud in there (even though he thought the judge had bait in her hand and had to jump up and check her out). He made the cut for a second look by the judge (the only small sporting dog to do so). Even though he didn't place in the group, I couldn't have been more proud of him! Leo took second place to his look alike in his class on Sunday. So, our point total is now 12 (with three 3 pt majors). Not too shabby with him having limited showing if I do say so myself =)

No comments: