Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The last class of agility for awhile

It's with bitter sadness that we had our last class last night, for about 6 wks or so. Part of me is glad because it was cold as heck out there last night. Part of me is really bummed because Cosmo did really well out there last night, and I hate him not continuing on for a couple of months. The teeter has been lowered some more, and we're almost doing a full teeter. That's a really big deal for the class. We ran the teeter, then added a tunnel before the teeter. Cosmo did it each of the three times. However, on the last time he didn't stick his two on/two off and didn't quite move his rear end quite enough out of the way, so when the teeter was going back up, it lifted him up right under his tail and his feet came up off the ground. We all got a good chuckle out of that one.
I took Leo with me last night, and put him and Cosmo in the ex-pen. Leo tried to dig out. Both ended up escaping once (Cosmo got it unlocked and took off towards the equipment because he wanted to go again). Leo proved to be a great distraction to Buttons the Boxer and Susie the German Shepherd. Both kept running over to check him out, instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing. Poor Buttons got put in time out because she wanted to investigate and play with that little fur ball.
OHHH.... forgot to mention that our agility Christmas party was on Saturday. We've not had rain in AGES, and are over 20 " short for the year. So, when they forecasted rain for Saturday we were all like "yeah, right". Well, about 30 min into the party it started raining. So up went the E-Z up tent, and under went all the scrumptious food and all the wet and totally dedicated agility people. Then it wasn't just rain-- it was a monsoon. Several of us had water dumped on us from the top of the tent where it had pooled and then a large gust of wind blew through. It was so cold out there and then to get soaked on top of that just wasn't fair. Still, we stayed huddled, ate great food, and will always remember the party of 2007 where we stayed huddled and then were crazy enough to go out in the freezing rain to run a crazy course that had been set up as part of the games. Fortunately, Melissa's husband Joe, braved it and ran out in the rain to take a picture of us all huddled under the tent having fun. I'll see if I can "borrow" it and posted on it here. It was a good thing he snapped a picture, because as I was unloading Leo's crate, holding onto Cosmo's leash, and lugging in some food I brought home with me all onto the porch of our house-- all while being totally frozen and drenched, my husband called to see where I was. Somehow I don't think he ever would have believed me that we stayed out in that mess, unless I had a picture to prove it. So, thanks Joe!

No comments: