Saturday, March 15, 2008

And Best in Puppy Match, round 2


wasn't us, but we had a blast anyway. Today was a LONG day! Leo was a little boingy to start with, but settled down quickly. In the first sporting puppy match, he took 2nd. The judge said she liked him better than the choc lab puppy that she put up, but that the lab puppy was more polished because it had more experience than Leo. The the second sporting puppy match he took first (I didn't tell him that it was because he was the only puppy in the group). He won a new squeaky saxophone toy for placing first. He did really well today, considering the fact that it was outside and WINDY (we were under tornado warnings) and it started raining. Inside was on slippery floors and was loud (concrete block building) and on a wooden table that dipped in the middle because they had loaded the ring table up into the truck already. I was so proud of him. I stacked him, and he stayed. They examined him, and he stayed put. He gaited like a charm. It was nice to have him outside in the grass so he could get used to that. All in all, he took it in stride (and took a great big nap in between it all). So, the total today was 6 ribbons ( three first prizes, one second prize, and two best of breeds) and a new squeaky toy. Not too shabby for our first outing if you ask me. AND I didn't get nervous and feel like I was going to be needing to make a run for the nearest set of shrubs and be sick.

Now to just get him to act better on the grooming table at home when I'm grooming him. He didn't look his absolute best today (grooming-wise), but he got practice on being on the grooming table outside with all that was going on around him, with me brushing him out.

Whew! Now to just hang tight til the PKC show Apr 5!

1 comment:

mary o said...

Dear Leo,

I'm a brother of your brother, Cosmo. I'm so happy to hear about the start of your career in the ring! Love to hear your Mom's stories. She writes very well. I would love to meet you. If you come to NH to Tracey's party this summer, I'll be there. Wouldn't that be fun to play together???

Keep us posted.
Love and hugs, Quid and Mom Mary