Thursday, June 5, 2008

And he's off!


We headed to Charlotte yesterday to meet up with Betty so she could take him back with her to work some magic. Underneath all that hair, there is a nice looking ECS waiting to be discovered! Up for that challenge is Mindy, Leo's co-breeder! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping he behaves up on the grooming table and isn't a complete knucklehead! As you can see, Leo got his beauty sleep in the car on the ride up. Thank heavens for AC! Man, it was H.O.T. outside yesterday!
Leo was excited to see Betty. He was trying to jump up on her (which is a no-no) and I don't think he could have cared less that he was leaving us behind. Ella, on the other hand, wanted to make perfectly sure that we were getting Leo back, and that he was not going to stay for good. After much assurance, Leo and Betty hit the road. I'm sure Leo is enjoying his vacation. He'll be spending time with his parents, sister, uncle, and a couple of cousins. We, on the other hand, have our summer doggie here for the next several weeks. Jerri is an older Aussie and a complete sweetheart. Cosmo was so happy to see her again, and Leo was like "woo hoo!!! a new friend to play with"! Jerri likes to stick with me like Leo does, so it's kinda like having him here-- but in a MUCH bigger package!
I'm hoping that Leo "does his thing" this weekend in Asheville at the shows. I'll be sure to post a pic of him in his proper hairdo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he and Si will have an awesome weekend (and maybe snag a point or two-- which would be his first, as this is only his second time out in the ring).
So, from all of us here waiting patiently "GO LEO GO!!"

No comments: