Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Friends


It's nice to have, and a bonus to have really good friends. Cosmo and Leo have become really good buddies-- albeit there has been a little rivalry going on. Cosmo has let the green-eyed monster get hold of him. He loves Leo, but has become somewhat jealous of him at times. Maybe he thinks Leo is stealing his thunder? Maybe he thinks Leo is going to eat all of his birthday cake??? I'm sure we'll get it worked out, and I'll be glad when we do. They are so sweet playing with each other, especially when they are rolling around on the floor sounding like little Chewbacca's.

Leo went in for his Rabies shot this afternoon. Poor Cosmo was looking so dejected when he was being crated and Leo was getting put on a leash. When we got back home, my son walked Leo around the back and into the backyard, while my daughter and I went in to let Cosmo out. He didn't even greet us. He was looking mighty miffed to be honest. Then he didn't see his little buddy, and I think panic mode set in. Not sure if it was a "woo-hoo he's gone" or "oh-no! where's my buddy??!!!" Obviously now, it was the latter as both of them are outside playing on the deck before the cold, icy rain starts in. Secretly, I'm hoping for a miracle. I'm hoping that it snows a ton so the kids and I can stay home, drink hot chocolate, and play in mounds of snow in the yard. My son has seen a little snow in his short 5 yrs, my 3 yr old has not. Neither of the four legged boys has either.
Cosmo's birthday is next Monday, the 21st. We're secretly planning his birthday pawty. We now have a Three Dog Bakery in town, so we're going to pile in the car and go pick the boys up some pupcakes. We did it last year, and my kids thought it was the greatest thing-- and I have pictures to prove it. I can't believe my little man is turning two. It sure doesn't seem like he's been part of our family for that long. Like they say, time flies when you're having fun!

No comments: