Saturday, February 2, 2008

Goin' to the river...

We decided to take the family out to the river walk this morning because it was absolutely gorgeous today. Perfect weather for going out for a stroll. It's the first time Leo has been on a leash for actual walking, other than in the practice ring. He did pretty good for his first time out at 4 mos old. Cosmo on the other hand.... is a handful. He does much better in his new harness by Premiere that stops the pulling. However, he can make you wish you had ear plugs when he sees all of that H2O! The daddy and the kids went out on some of the big rocks, and Cosmo couldn't get to them. Good grief! He was shaking he wanted to go out there so badly. Didn't help that a couple of birds flew by. I took him and Leo out a little ways on the rocks, and Cosmo jumped in. I said the weather was gorgeous, and it was, but the water was c.o.l.d. Leo must have thought he was nuts, because he stuck got his feet wet and came right back out and stood on the rocks just staring at Cosmo. Both boys were nice and tired for the ride back home.
I did discover today that it appears that Cosmo ate a Ziploc baggie-- where is that yikes smilie face when you need it??? I'm guessing it was him because I fed the boys before we left this morning and put them out to do their business before we headed out. I found the Ziploc'd poop and while on the trail, Cosmo had to go and it wasn't pretty at all. He's acting normal, eating normal and all that, so I'm just keeping an eye on him to make sure nothing more is going to come of this.
I did talk to some fellow breeders/judges/handlers at my handling class on Thurs night and they all unanimously agreed that those dreaded retained baby teeth need to come out. So, Leo has an appointment for Wednesday morning to have them removed. I'll be glad when it's done and over and he's back home. He's so little to be undergoing general anesthesia and I'm going to worry about him nonstop til I can pick him up. I've worked in a vet's office in my previous life before college, marriage, and kids so I know he's in good hands and that I shouldn't worry, but I still do.
Off to watch the Eukanuba show with a huge bag of popcorn, my boys, and my two favorite little people in the world.

No comments: