Friday, February 29, 2008

We have an official name for Leo

Ok, so it's exciting to me that I didn't have to come up with another cool name (ok, so I think it's cool and you might not-- that's ok with me).
Leo's official name is Amawalk's Beam Me Up A Faerytail. If you're scratching your head on that one, let me help you out a little. Leo has two kennel names because his mother has two co-owners. Amawalk's and Faerytails are both kennel names. Leo's dad's name is Scotty. If you've ever watched the old Star Trek with William Shatner you know where this is going. If not, here you go. There is a famous line from that show and it's "Beam me up, Scotty". Since his dad's name is Scotty and I was looking for something "Scott-ish", I figured you couldn't get a better tribute to a really cool dad (granted, mom is way cool too-- but I had to have this name). I'm hoping to enter Leo in his first puppy match in 2 weeks and then in his first show in April.
If you've been wondering what's been going on with Cosmo, I can tell you that a picture is a thousand words and how I wish my batteries weren't dead. Both boys are out on the deck enjoying the almost 70 degree weather we're enjoying today. Mind you, they are totally minding their own business and not bothering anyone. I'm in the kitchen and I hear Cosmo make "the noise". I look out the window and there must be 50 robins taunting both him and Leo on the other side of the deck. I'm sure he was thinking "if only I could suck it in a teeny bit more and squeeze through the railings...." Oh well... another day. We're set to start back to agility classes in about 2 1/2 wks. And that is something to really look forward to!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Being Quid's human sister who helped to name him, I'm always intrigued where people come up with names & I think you've done a devine job!!

Elizabeth said...

Well, thank you very much! I LOVE Quid's name (actually wanted to borrow it from Quidditch, before we settled on Leo).